KC Grande Resort and Spa is the largest of Koh Chang’s 4 Star resorts.
Located on the very popular White Sand Beach, KC Grande Resort and Spa has 208 rooms, villas and suites by the beach and on the hillside in pretty landscaped gardens, together with swimming pools, a spa, restaurants and bars.
Rooms at KC Grande Resort
Accommodation is in two zones, seaside or hillside, as follows.
- Seaside has a mixture of:-
- Deluxe garden view (39), seaview deluxe (37) or grand deluxe seaview (4) in a low level 3 storey building by the pool.
- Villas, garden fronting deluxe (29), beachfront deluxe (6) and the sumptuous Paradise range.
- Across the road, in an imposing modern 4 storey building, you can choose from:-
- Jacuzzi deluxe rooms
- Ocean view, pool view and pool access.
The amenities in KC Grande rooms themselves are everything you would expect of a luxurious resort. You get as standard individually controlled air-conditioning, 32″ TV, DVD, tea and coffee making facilities, mini-bar, in-room safe, hairdryer, bathroom accessories and wifi.
Many rooms also offer jacuzzis.
The Pools and Beach
KC Grande offers the 4 swimming pools spread across the two areas.
In the garden by the sea, literally a step away from the beach, is their original pool, with a smaller pool nearby.
On the roof of their hillside building is one of Koh Chang’s best swimming pools. It has a pool bar of course, but you come here for the magnificent views out over the ocean horizon.
The slider pool is also housed in this hillside area.
From the seaside area, you can exit the resort straight onto the sand and instantly find yourself on one of Koh Chang’s best sections of beach.
Walk to the north to the headland and you’ll find peace and quiet. Walk south and you can wander past resorts and restaurants until the very end at the cliffs.
Swimming here is possible at all times, though the high tide does steal a march at certain times of the year.
Spa and Health
Part of the nationwide Royal Spa Group, Sabay Spa has massage, steam room and treatments. It’s open daily from 07.30am to 19.00.
KC Grande also has a full fitness center on site, together with a kids’ club.
Dining at KC Grande Resort and Spa
KC Grande offers a buffet breakfast at The Beach restaurant, as well as an all day menu of Thai and western dishes.
Gusto opens in the evening with European dishes served on its small terrace.
Each of the pools has its own bar for light snacks and cocktails. The Horizon up on the roof of the hillside building makes a terrific spot for sunset.
White Sand Beach has plenty of nightlife, with Sabay Bar just a few dooors down and live music at Oodies across the street . Near the front entrance, Coffee Corner, open from 07.00 to 23.00, rounds things off.
Food and drink is well reviewed but it is pricey. Either along the beach or on the street, there are dozens of choices for when you fancy a change of scene, as well as food stands, fruit markets, convenience stores and plenty of bars.
KC Grande Resort and Spa – Our Verdict
KC Grande Resort and Spa is a huge sprawling affair. When it’s full, it’s a busy, bustling hotel and some guests will find that a bit too much when they use the communal areas like the seaside pool and restaurants. That will also be true if you stay in the rooms overlooking that pool, though you’ll probably let it go given the ocean views you wake up to .
The hillside area is on the main road and yes, it can be a noisy stretch with vehicles tackling the steep hill outside the front door. That said, the rooms on this side are well designed and comfortable so again, it’s a not a major quibble.
That couple of small drawbacks aside, KC Grande Resort and Spa sits near the very top of the 4 star Koh Chang accommodation.
Prices and Booking – KC Grande
From 4,500bt (Deluxe Garden) to 10,5000bt (Seaview Grande Suites) in high season, great deals in low season.
At a Glance – KC Grande
- Seaside Zone – Deluxe Garden View, Deluxe or Grande Deluxe Sea View, Villas (Beachfront, Garden or Paradise), Suites & Hillside Zone – Deluxe Jacuzzi, Pool View Deluxe Jacuzzi, Ocean View Deluxe Jacuzzi or Pool Access Deluxe Jacuzzi.
- 24-hour front desk, airport transfer, bar, BBQ facilities, coffee shop, car park, concierge, dry cleaning, elevator facilities for disabled guests, laundry service, luggage storage, meeting facilities, poolside bar, restaurants, room service, safety deposit boxes, shared lounge/TV area, shuttle service, smoking area, fitness center, kids club, massage, outdoor pools, pool (kids), sauna, spa, Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas.
- Infants up to 1 stay for free, though cots will be charged; children from 2 to 4 use an extra bed (charged) but can stay for free with existing bedding; over 4s are considered adults. Supplements extra.
- Check-In from 14:00, Check-Out by 12:00
White Sand Beach is Koh Chang’s most developed area. Its main street is lined with resorts and hotels, small and large, shops, tickets offices, massage, shops and restaurants. Its nightlife includes a nightclub, various sports bars and at the southern end, a zoned beer bar area.
The beach itself is one of Koh Chang’s best, great powder sand and calm blue waters, busy at day with sunbathers and daytrippers and nicely crowded at night when the tables and chairs come out for dining by the sea.
It’s a very safe but touristy choice as a holiday destination, suitable for families, couples, even backpackers.
For the full guide, please follow the link here, at White Sand Beach
Back to Features/Koh Chang Accommodation