In our “How to Get to Koh Mak” section, we run through all your options on getting to Laem Ngop Pier for Koh Mak :-
- Private Transfers – We can arrange your transfers from Bangkok by private car or private minibus direct to the pier.
- Speedboats and Catamaran – From Laem Ngop Pier, speedboats are your choice, with 5 companies running to and from the island co-ordinating with the other transport options.
- Flying to Trat Airport – You can fly into Trat Airport with Bangkok Airways and then take either private transport or a songthaew to the speedboat pier.
- Public Bus – There are also regular daily public buses and minibuses, which head to those Koh Chang piers up the road or to Trat. Taxis are on hand to then take you from either place to Laem Ngop Pier itself.
- You can island hop from Koh Chang, Koh Mak and Koh Wai using speedboats, though please note this service is not available in the rainy season, mid May to mid October.
- Getting Around Koh Mak
The main pier for Koh Mak is at Laem Ngop, also sometimes known as Krom Luang Pier. It’s about 10 minutes away from the Koh Chang Centerpoint Ferry Pier, 20 minutes from Koh Chang Ferry Ao Thammachat Pier and 16km from Trat, the nearest mainland town
About the Page
To get you started, we summarise each method of how to get to Koh Mak below. Follow their links to our individual pages for all the comprehensive details, including up-to-date timetables, prices and booking request forms.