Koh Chang restaurants offer an excellent variety of different cuisines which cater to all tastes and budgets.
Thai Food – Koh Chang Restaurants
You could happily eat just Thai food throughout your stay and not run out of options. From local street fare, bowls of noodles, papaya salad (somtam) and sticky rice through to the spicy curries, stir fries and salads which we all so adore, everything is available, freshly prepared, at decent prices and in some lovely establishments.
And that’s before we get to the Thai seafood – Red snapper, white snapper, barracuda, scallops, clams, mussels, oysters, tiger prawns, squid, soft-shelled crab you name it, they’ll likely have it, with cooking methods from steaming to grilling, soups to curries, all producing some mouthwatering dishes.
At a Glance Recommendations for Thai Food
- Seafood: Nong Bua (Chai Chet), Salak Phet Seafood, Salak Khok Seafood (both east coast), Ruan Thai, Chow Lay (both Bang Bao), Dang Seafood (currently closed, Lonely Beach), JE Seafood, Phu Talay (both Klong Prao), Sun and Soul (White Sand Beach)
- Thai: Kati Culinary, Zhong Zi Pad Pad (eastern Thai), Blue Lagoon (all Klong Prao), Blues Blues (Klong Son), Khao Kham (Kai Bae), Saffron on the Sea (Pearl Beach), Khao Tha @ Warapura (Lonely Beach),
- Noodles: Kai Bae Huts, VJ Plaza (Chai Chet)
- Curry Shops: Front of Potato (Klong Prao), Muslim Stall (currently closed, opposite Leelawadee Klong Prao)
- Issan: Bam (Klong Prao), Took Ka Ta Kaimoon (Kai Bae Beach), Gai Mun (White Sand Beach), Raan Ubon Somtam (before Dan Mai), One Millon Somtams (Klong Plu Waterfall)
- Vegetarian: Everflow (Pearl Beach), Tofu Kitchen (Kai Bae Beach), Coco Mango (White Sand Beach), Spa Koh Chang (Salak Khok)
- Cheap Eats: Nong Bua (White Sand Beach), Tiger Huts (Klong Prao), Baan Mai (Lonely Beach), Stalls opposite Big C (Pearl Beach), Stalls at road to Santhiya Tree (Klong Prao), Ido Ido (Hat Sai Noi – Bang Bao Beach), Gloy (Chai Chet)
Western Food – Koh Chang Restaurants
Yet we do all get those western food cravings from time to time, so what else is on the table? First up, the island boasts a handful of very good and authentic Italian restaurants, two or three more than passable Indians, even a Mexican, Turkish and a Greek and the good old English breakfast is easy enough to hunt down.
Throw in the beach bbq’s where jacket potatoes and corn on the cob are ubiquitous, decent bakeries with sandwiches and cakes, proper coffee shops, steaks, burgers and a bit of fast food and it is unlikely that you’ll go hungry.
At a Glance Recommendations for Western Food
- Italian: Ziva, Mordi e Fuggi (both Kai Bae Beach), Cibo (White Sand Beach), Pizzeria Toscana (Klong Prao Beach), Marco, Pizza King Express (both Chai Chet), Lisca Beach (Bailan Beach)
- Mediterranean: El Greco (Klong Prao), Alaturka (White Sand Beach), Wine Gallery (Kai Bae Beach)
- Fusion: Chef Studio (Klong Prao Beach)
- Bistro: Cabana (Kai Bae Beach), Alchemy (Klong Prao Beach), Buddha View, Cliff Cottage (both Bang Bao), Le Jao Jom (Pearl Beach), Nature (Lonely Beach)
- Mexican: El Barrio (Kai Bae Beach)
- Asian: Kohchang 7 – Korean (Bailan Beach), Indie Sushi and Bowls (Kai Bae)
- Indian: Taste of India (White Sand Beach), Emperor of India (Kai Bae Beach)
- Burgers/Steaks: Annie P (Klong Prao), Burger Station (Kai Bae), Oodies (White Sand Beach), 15 Palms (White Sand Beach)
- Breakfasts: White Elephant (White Sand Beach), Moleys (Klong Prao), Morgans (Kai Bae), 15 Palms (White Sand Beach), Cafe Del Sunshine (Lonely Beach)
- Bakeries: Crust, Bread Box (both Klong Prao), Papa’s Deli (Kai Bae)
- Coffee: Fig Cafe (Kai Bae), Moccaccino, Zest (both Klong Prao), Ban Kafae (East Coast)
- Resorts: Amber Sands (Dan Khao – East Coast), The Chill (Kai Bae Beach), Flora i Talay (Chai Chet), Parama (Chek Bae)
Price Guide – Koh Chang Restaurants
Budget wise, you can eat a plate of simple noodles for around 50bt to 60bt, cheaper if you use the local carts and stalls. A one dish over rice would be 60bt to 80bt. Curry separate from rice will be 100bt to 150bt depending on the beach.
Pizzas, standard fare with that uniform tomato base, are 200bt to 250bt. Seafood is considerably more expensive if you eat well, factor at 250bt per head without drinks for a group sharing a few dishes. Western dishes like burger and chips are 250bt to 350bt, you might get a plate of pasta for 180bt, steak 350bt upwards (best Australian 550bt+).
Beach by Beach – Koh Chang Restaurants
Our Koh Chang restaurants Snippets take you round the island area by area. You can jump straight to any of them here:-
- White Sand Beach
- Kai Bae Beach
- Klong Prao Beach
- Bang Bao
- Bang Bao Beach
- Bailan Beach
- Chai Chet
- East Coast
- Klong Son
- Lonely Beach
- Pearl Beach
Dive in still further in those area sections and it takes you to detailed descriptions for that particular beach.