Koh Chang restaurants offer an excellent variety of different cuisines which cater to all tastes and budgets.
Thai Food – Koh Chang Restaurants
You could happily eat just Thai food throughout your stay and not run out of options. From local street fare, bowls of noodles, papaya salad (somtam) and sticky rice through to the spicy curries, stir fries and salads which we all so adore, everything is available, freshly prepared, at decent prices and in some lovely establishments.
And that’s before we get to the Thai seafood – Red snapper, white snapper, barracuda, scallops, clams, mussels, oysters, tiger prawns, squid, soft-shelled crab you name it, they’ll likely have it, with cooking methods from steaming to grilling, soups to curries, all producing some mouthwatering dishes.
At a Glance Recommendations for Thai Food
- Seafood: Signature (Chai Chet), Salak Phet Seafood, Salak Khok Seafood (both east coast), Ruan Thai, Chow Lay (both Bang Bao), Jae Eew Seafood, Jae Mam Seafood, Phu Talay (all Klong Prao), Sun and Soul (White Sand Beach)
- Thai: Kati Culinary, Zhong Zi Pad Pad (eastern Thai), Baan Ta Klua @ Aana Resort (eastern Thai) – all 3 in Klong Prao, Blues Blues (Klong Son), Khao Kham (Kai Bae), Saffron on the Sea (Pearl Beach)
- Noodles and Cheap Eats: Noodle shop on way to Kai Bae Huts, Ido Ido (Hat Sai Noi – Bang Bao Beach), Gloy (Chai Chet)
- Curry Shops: Raan Gaeng Som (opposite Toscana, Klong Prao), Nai Hua Baoi Gaeng Tai (Kai Bae, northern end) – both southern Thai
- Issan: Bam (Klong Prao), Raan Ubon Somtam (before Dan Mai), One Millon Somtams (Klong Plu Waterfall)
- Vegetarian: Everflow (Pearl Beach), Tofu Kitchen, Poke Bowl (both Kai Bae Beach), Naga (Klong Prao), Spa Koh Chang (Salak Khok)
- Food Courts: Stalls opposite Big C (Pearl Beach), Stalls at road to Santhiya Tree (Klong Prao), Stalls behind Morgan (Kai Bae)
Western Food – Koh Chang Restaurants
Yet we do all get those western food cravings from time to time, so what else is on the table? First up, the island boasts a handful of very good and authentic Italian restaurants, two or three more than passable Indians, even a Mexican, Turkish and a Greek and the good old English breakfast is easy enough to hunt down.
Throw in the beach bbq’s where jacket potatoes and corn on the cob are ubiquitous, decent bakeries with sandwiches and cakes, proper coffee shops, steaks, burgers and a bit of fast food and it is unlikely that you’ll go hungry.
At a Glance Recommendations for Western Food
- Italian: Mordi e Fuggi, Little Italy (both Kai Bae Beach), Pizzeria Toscana, Babylon (both Klong Prao Beach), Marco, Pizza King Express (both Chai Chet), Lisca Beach (Bailan Beach), Ciao Italian (White Sand Beach)
- Mediterranean: El Greco (Klong Prao), Alaturka (White Sand Beach), Wine Gallery (Kai Bae Beach)
- Fusion: Chef Studio (Klong Prao Beach)
- Bistro: Cabana (Kai Bae Beach), Cliff Cottage (Bang Bao), Le Jao Jom (Pearl Beach), Nature (Lonely Beach), Shambala (Klong Son – Blue Haven Bay)
- Mexican: El Barrio (Kai Bae Beach)
- Asian: Kohchang 7 – Korean (Bailan Beach and Klong Prao), Indie Raw – Japanese (Kai Bae)
- Indian: Taste of India (White Sand Beach), India Chef (Kai Bae Beach)
- Burgers/Steaks: Annie P (Klong Prao), Burger Station (Kai Bae), Oodies (White Sand Beach), 15 Palms (White Sand Beach)
- Breakfasts: White Elephant (White Sand Beach), Moleys (Klong Prao), Morgans (Kai Bae), 15 Palms (White Sand Beach), Cafe Del Sunshine (Lonely Beach)
- Bakeries: Crust, Bread Box (both Klong Prao), Papa’s Deli (Kai Bae)
- Coffee: Fig Cafe (Kai Bae), Moccaccino (Klong Prao), Ban Kafae (East Coast)
- Resorts: Amber Sands (Dan Khao – East Coast), The Chill (Kai Bae Beach), Flora i Talay (Chai Chet), Parama (Chek Bae)
Price Guide – Koh Chang Restaurants
Budget wise, you can eat a plate of simple noodles for around 50bt to 60bt, cheaper if you use the local carts and stalls. A one dish over rice would be 60bt to 80bt. Curry separate from rice will be 100bt to 150bt depending on the beach.
Pizzas, standard fare with that uniform tomato base, are 200bt to 250bt. Seafood is considerably more expensive if you eat well, factor at 250bt per head without drinks for a group sharing a few dishes. Western dishes like burger and chips are 250bt to 350bt, you might get a plate of pasta for 180bt, steak 350bt upwards (best Australian 550bt+).
Beach by Beach – Koh Chang Restaurants
Our Koh Chang restaurants Snippets take you round the island area by area. You can jump straight to any of them here:-
- White Sand Beach
- Kai Bae Beach
- Klong Prao Beach
- Bang Bao
- Bang Bao Beach
- Bailan Beach
- Chai Chet
- East Coast
- Klong Son
- Lonely Beach
- Pearl Beach
Dive in still further in those area sections and it takes you to detailed descriptions for that particular beach.