With the island’s development, the number of options on how to get to Koh Chang has grown in step with the increasing visitor numbers.
- For style, speed and comfort, we recommend a private transfer by SUV car or minibus. Travel time from east Bangkok to the Koh Chang ferry piers is between 4 and 4.5 hours.
- You could also fly down to Trat Airport in just under an hour with Bangkok Airways but remember you still need to get to and from the Airports at both ends.
- If you are on a tight budget, you can hop on the public bus or microbus. Allow 5.5 to 6.5 hours or more travel time for this.
- With a service provided by two car ferries, you can makes the crossing continuously throughout the day from 06.30 till 18.30 (Ferry Koh Chang, 25 to 35 minutes) or selected times up to 17.20 (Centerpoint, 60 minutes).
- Once docked, it takes from 10 minutes to 45 minutes to reach your resort – dependent on its location.
- To travel between Koh Chang, Koh Mak, Koh Kood and Koh Wai, there’s a full island hopping service with speedboat, catamaran or wooden boat. Catamaran closed May to September; wooden boat closed May to mid October; Speedboats closed May to start of November.
- On Koh Chang, you can hire cars or motorbikes to get around or use the island taxi service.
UPDATED February 2024
About the Page
To get you started, we summarise each method of how to get to Koh Chang below. Follow their links to our individual pages for all the comprehensive details, including up-to-date timetables, prices and booking request forms.