With the island’s development, the number of options on how to get to Koh Chang has grown in step with the increasing visitor numbers.
- For style, speed and comfort, we recommend a private transfer by SUV car or minibus. Travel time from east Bangkok to the Koh Chang ferry piers is between 4.5 and 5 hours.
- You could also fly down to Trat Airport in just under an hour but remember you still need to get to and from the Airports at both ends.
- For a more economical choice, the hotel to hotel share minibus service is very popular. It has fixed pick-up times, 5 hours+ to the pier.
- If you are on a tight budget, you can hop on the public bus. Allow 6 hours or more for this transprtsdtravel time.
- The two car ferries make the crossing continuously throughout the day till 19.30. It’s 30 to 45 minutes from the mainland piers to the island.
- Once docked, it takes from 10 minutes to 45 minutes to reach your resort – dependent on its location.
- To travel between Koh Chang, Koh Mak, Koh Kood and Koh Wai, there’s a full island hopping service with speedboat, catamaran or wooden boat.
- On Koh Chang, you can hire cars or motorbikes to get around or use the island taxi service.
About the Page
To get you started, we summarise each method of how to get to Koh Chang below. Follow their links to our individual pages for all the comprehensive details, including up-to-date timetables, prices and booking request forms.