Kacha Resort and Spa is one of Koh Chang’s largest 3 to 4 Star resorts.
Located on the very popular White Sand Beach, Kach Resort and Spa has 174 rooms, chalets, villas and suites by the beach and on the hillside in pretty landscaped gardens, together with swimming pools, a spa, restaurants and pool bars.
Rooms at Kacha Resort
- Accommodation is in two zones, seaside or hillside.
- The hillside area has a mixture of standard rooms and deluxe rooms housed in a three story building that overlooks the pool.
- Over the road, meanwhile, in the recently built and renovated seaside area, the accommodation is either
- In the deluxe building
- 2 storey villas or chalets, looking out over the ocean and the pool.
The amenities in Kacha Resort rooms themselves include individually controlled air-conditioning, fans, LCD TVs, cable tv access, DVD, in-room safe, hairdryer, bathroom accessories and wifi. Rooms also have balconies as standard. The villas have additional facilities such as DVDs and refridgerators.
The Pools and Beach
Kacha Resort has two swimming pools, one for the hillside complex and one for the seaside area. The hillside is the larger of the two, complete with slide.
From the seaside area, you can exit the resort straight onto the sand and instantly find yourself on one of Koh Chang’s best beaches. Walk to the north and you pass the fronts of other resorts, restaurants and utlimately the uninterrupted stretch that leads to the headland.
To the south, more of the same until you reach the cliffs. White Sand Beach is great for swimming, paddling and cooling off, though the high tide does come right up to the resorts’ steps at certain times of the year.
Spa and Facilities
The Majesty Spa offers massage, steam room and treatments, open daily from 08.00am to 19.00.
Kacha Resort also has a full fitness center on site, together with a kids’ club.
Dining at Kacha
Kacha offers a buffet breakfast at Kacha Restaurant, as well as an all day menu of Thai and western dishes. Over in the hillside area, Le Zanne opens nightly with a menu focusing on Italian dishes, principally pizzas from its wood fired oven. Each of the pools has its own bar for light snacks, cold drinks and cocktails.
The food receives mixed reviews. The buffet breakfast, it seems, is not to everyone’s tastes and the prices are perhaps on the steep side. Venture out either along the street or the beach and there is a huge choice of alternatives – everything from street food to beach bbq’s, fruit markets, convenience stores, beach bars and even a nightclub.
Kacha Resort and Spa – Our Verdict
Kacha Resort and Spa is large resort in the 3.5 star range – it’s not a 4 star luxury hotel. Given its size, it does feel crowded, a little too busy when operating at full occupancy. This is especially true down at the swimming pool by the sea, which is relatively small for a resort of this size and only offers a limited number of those prized sun loungers. The hillside pool is likely to be much quieter.
The new build and renovation of the seaside rooms has improved Kacha Resort considerably, lightening up the look and feel of the whole resort and a nice contrast to the slightly dark utilitarian balconies of the hillside accommation. Yet, even with that new approach, the resort design remains conservative and functional rather than eye grabbing.
To sum up, Kacha Resort and Spa is a safe and reliable choice with a terrific location just beneath the top tier hotels on Koh Chang.
Prices and Booking – Kacha Resort
From 2,750bt (Deluxe Hillside) to 6,000bt (Beachfront villas) in high season, great deals in low season.
At a Glance – Kacha Resort
- Hillside – Standard and Deluxe, Seaside – Deluxe rooms, deluxe villas, seaview villa, seaview pool villa, suites (family, junior and grand).
- 24-hour front desk, airport transfer, car park, babysitting, business center, concierge, family room, laundry service, library, poolside bar, restaurant, room service, safety deposit boxes, billiards, fitness center, kids club, massage, Spa, outdoor pool, kids’ pool, Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas.
- Infants up to 2 stay for free, though cots will be charged; children from 3 to 12 use an extra bed (charged); over 12s are considered adults. Supplements extra.
- Check-In from 14:00, Check-Out by 12:00
White Sand Beach is Koh Chang’s most developed area. Its main street is lined with resorts and hotels, small and large, shops, tickets offices, massage, shops and restaurants. Its nightlife includes a nightclub, various sports bars and at the southern end, a zoned beer bar area.
The beach itself is one of Koh Chang’s best, great powder sand and calm blue waters, busy at day with sunbathers and daytrippers and nicely crowded at night when the tables and chairs come out for dining by the sea.
It’s a very safe but touristy choice as a holiday destination, suitable for families, couples, even backpackers.
For the full guide, please follow the link here, at White Sand Beach
Back to Features/Koh Chang Accommodation