Koh Chang nightlife comprises serious partying, Thai ladies, cool bars and old school live music.
At A Glance
- If you want to dance on the sand or lose yourself in a bass speaker, head to Lonely Beach.
- For Thai female company, your main port of call is the southern end of White Sand Beach but Chai Chet has its own clusters of beer bars too.
- Kai Bae Beach is best known for its very decent selection of lounge bars but it too has a Walking Street.
- You can find live music all over the island – Filipino bands, the ex-pat music scene, Thai musicians and open mic .
- For the Thai hippie vibe, head all the way south to Hat Sai Noi and Bang Bao Beach.
- Assume full scale (huge speakers, fireworks) competing parties in multiple venues on New Year’s Eve. You do get Full Moon parties too but on nothing like the scale of those in Koh Phangnan.
- Don’t expect any large/mega EDM nightclubs such as Kolour in Phuket – not Koh Chang’s thing.
- During the season, look out for the various one-off festivals – clubbing and DJs (Winter Sensation), big name Thai singers and bands.
We take you round each area in our snippets below but you can then also dig deeper by following the links to the specific pages for Lonely Beach, White Sand Beach and Kai Bae Beach.