Getting to Koh Kood has become much easier over the last couple of years but it does still require some forward planning.
The mainland departure point is Laem Sok Pier, located some 30km out from Trat, the nearest provincial town.
- To reach the pier directly, your most stress-free choice is our private transfer direct from your Bangkok hotel or Suvarnabhumi Airport. We co-ordinate the collections with the boat times and can pick-up from plenty of other places too. A SUV car is 3,800bt, travel time 4 to 5 hours.
- Passenger boats (express, catamaran and speedboat) run by 3 separate companies start at 10.00 and finish at 15.00. Prices are 300bt to 600bt. There are no car ferries.
- You can also fly to Trat Airport on either the morning or lunchtime flights to make the boat connections. Don’t forget you’ll also need a transfer for the 45 minute journey to the pier.
- A cheaper option is the bus/boat combination at 1,000bt per person, with twice daily departure at 05.00 and 07.30 from the Khao San Road area. Or you could use public transport from Ekamai Bus Station to Trat City itself – the early morning or night bus are the ones to catch.
- Finally, you can island hop from Koh Chang, Koh Mak and Koh Wai using speedboats, a wooden boat or the catamaran. Please note this service is not available in the rainy season, mid May to mid October.
- Once on Koh Kood, the best way to get about is renting a motorbike, 200bt to 300bt per day. Or you could also take an island tour?
About the Page
To get you started, we summarise each method of how to get to Koh Kood below. Follow their links to our individual pages for all the comprehensive details, including up-to-date timetables, prices and booking request forms.