Cookies Hotel is one of Koh Chang’s longest established small hotels.
Located at the southern end of the very popular White Sand Beach, Cookies Hotel has 60 rooms on the hillside and by the sea, together with swimming pool, restaurant and pool bar.
Rooms at Cookies Hotel
Accommodation is in two zones, seaside or hillside.
- The hillside area offers standard and twin rooms in the top two tiers of a three storey building, all with balconies.
- The seaside area has superior or deluxe rooms in a two storey building overlooking the pool and just metres form the beach.
The amenities in standard Cookies Hotel rooms include individually controlled air-conditioning, LCD TVs, cable tv access, refridgerators and balconies. The more expensive superior rooms have safes, laptop secure boxes and bathtubs while the deluxe options also have whirlpool baths.
Pool and Location
Cookies Hotel has one long swimming pool, complete with kids’ slide and loungers.
Cookies Hotel is located on the beach with direct access to the sand and sea. You can walk out from the hotel up to the northern headland or south to the cliffs, taking in all the resorts and restaurants along the way.
Dining at Cookies Hotel
Cookies Hotel lays on a buffet breakfast in its hillside restaurant. The beachside restaurant offers an all day menu of Thai and western dishes as well as an evening BBQ. The pool has a sometimes open bar.
The food receives poor reviews, with the buffet breakfast, as is so often the case, not overly popular. Outside the resort, however, you can easily walk at street level or along the beach to a wide variety of restaurants – everything from street food to beach bbq’s, fruit markets, convenience stores, beach bars and even a nightclub.
Cookies Hotel – Our Verdict
Cookies Hotel is a down to earth, practical 2 to 3 star hotel. Yes, it’s decor and styling is a bit old school, but the kids love the pool, it’s clean and the staff generally do try their best to help.
The location, on the other hand, is top notch, a few steps away from the sand on one of Koh Chang’s best swimming beaches. Its prices too are not overly steep for this area.
In summary, Cookies Hotel is Koh Chang accommodation, which gives you a great base for a safe beach holiday, but do book it with your expectations firmly grounded.
Prices and Booking – Cookies Hotel
From 1,850bt (Hillside) to 3,000bt (Deluxe) in high season, great deals in low season.
At a Glance – Cookies Hotel
- Hillside – Standard Twin or Double: Seaside – Superior or Deluxe rooms.
- Car park, meeting facilities, facilities for disabled guests, laundry service, poolside bar, restaurant, room service, massage, outdoor pool, kids’ pool, Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas.
- Infants up to 5 stay for free if using existing bedding, though cots will be charged; children under 2 extra beds charged at 100bt; over 3s charged at 700bt for extra bed. Breakfast supplements extra.
- Check-In from 13:00, Check-Out by 12:00
White Sand Beach is Koh Chang’s most developed area. Its main street is lined with resorts and hotels, small and large, shops, tickets offices, massage, shops and restaurants. Its nightlife includes a nightclub, various sports bars and at the southern end, a zoned beer bar area.
The beach itself is one of Koh Chang’s best, great powder sand and calm blue waters, busy at day with sunbathers and daytrippers and nicely crowded at night when the tables and chairs come out for dining by the sea.
It’s a very safe but touristy choice as a holiday destination, suitable for families, couples, even backpackers.
For the full guide, please follow the link here, at White Sand Beach
Back to Features/Koh Chang Accommodation