The Chill Resort and Spa is one of Koh Chang’s most luxurious 4 Star resorts.
Located on the very popular Kai Bae Beach, The Chill Resort and Spa has 38 spacious rooms and suites over three floors set in pretty landscaped gardens, together with swimming pool, spa, restaurant and bars.
Rooms at The Chill
- Deluxe rooms on the second floor.
- Splash access rooms on the ground floor which give instant access to the pool.
- Jacuzzi suites on the third floor.
- Separate pool villas, themselves over two floors.
The Chill Resort’s magnificent feature swimming pool runs the full length of its buildings. You can step from the Splash rooms straight into the water or at the sea end, you can exit the pool out onto the beach.
From there, you can walk to the northern cape or venture next door to The Awa or Gajapuri Resort. The sea will come right up to the front of the terrace at high tide and care should be taken swimming here, with rocks and coral underfoot.
The amenities in The Chill Resort rooms themselves are everything you would expect of a luxurious resort with individually controlled air-conditioning, 40″ TV, DVD, Home theatre, tea and coffee making facilities, mini-bar, in-room safe, hairdryer, bathroom accessories and wifi.
Dining at The Chill
The Chill Resort offers an all day à la carte breakfast with no time restraints, so you can stay in bed all morning and still get served with no worries; it’s part of the room price in most deals.
The Chill Out Cafe serves fusion Thai, Italian and International cuisine all day. There’s a sunset pool bar too, with a happy hour.
The food and drink is universally praised by the guests but prices obviously befit a 4 star resort standing. For a change, you can easily venture out onto Kai Bae’s walking street, where you’ll have lots of further dining choices. Mordi e Fuggi, Curry Curry, Khao Kwan and El Barrio are just some suggestions. Also along the main road, there are food carts, a food court, fruit markets, convenience stores.
Bar include Filou, Jellybean and The Wine Gallery.
Spa and Facilities
The Chill Resort runs a full Spa on site, with massage, steam room and treatments, open daily from 10.00am to 10.00pm.
Their library has a Home Theatre, internet stations and books.
The Chill – Our Verdict
The Chill Resort exudes style, whether it be the building design which houses the chic rooms, its swimming pool or its spacious, light front reception. It may be a bit too cool, too Bangkok for some tastes but for us, it is exactly what a modern resort should be. With style comes a price, however, so expect to pay some of of Koh Chang’s top prices.
In our opinion, The Chill Resort and Spa ranks near the very top of the 4 Star Resorts in Koh Chang’s accommodation.
Prices and Booking – The Chill
From 6,500bt to 15,000bt in high season, great deals in low season
At a Glance – The Chill
- The Chill Deluxe, The Splash Deluxe Pool Access, The Sky Jacuzzi Suite, Pool Villa.
- 24-hour front desk, 24-hour room service, airport transfer, babysitting, car park, coffee shop, family room, laundry service, library, meeting facilities, newspapers, poolside bar, restaurant, safety deposit boxes, hot tub, massage, outdoor pool, pool (kids), spa, steamroom, WiFi in all rooms and public areas.
- Infants up to 1 stay for free, though cots will be charged; children from 2 to 5 use an extra bed (charged) but can stay for free with existing bedding; over 5s are considered adults. Supplements extra.
- Check-In from 14:00, Check-Out by 12:00.
Kai Bae Beach is one of Koh Chang’s most popular areas as it offers a bit of everything, attracting families, couples, independent travellers, flashpackers and backpackers. It has a relaxing mix of Thai and western restaurants, fun bars, though it’s not a party zone and plenty of shops.
There are some great stretches of beach too, especially at the southern end, offshore islands, an elephant camp and even a hidden waterfall.
For the full guide, please follow the link here, at Kai Bae Beach
Back to Features/Koh Chang Accommodation