Gajapuri Resort and Spa is one of Koh Chang’s most peaceful 4 Star resorts.
Located on the very popular Kai Bae Beach, Gajapuri Resort and Spa has 46 rooms and villas, set in lush tropical gardens. The rooms are connected together by raised wooden walkways which lead towards the beachside swimming pool, spa, restaurant and bar.
Rooms at Gajapuri
Accommodation comprises a wide range of options:-
- Superior rooms are found in a discreet two storey building with a step-up to superior cottages.
- Deluxe rooms come in Lanai style or jacuzzi, with or without seaview.
- Beachside offers Lanai or Gaja style and at the top end of the scale, you’ll find pool villas.
Room amenities include individually controlled air-conditioning or fan, 32″ TV, DVD, tea and coffee making facilities, mini-bar, in-room safe, hairdryer, bathroom accessories and WiFi.
Pools and Sea
Gajapuri Resort has two swimming pools, both down near the sea. You can exit the main infinity style pool straight out onto the beach.
From the resort, you can walk to the northern cape or venture next door to The Awa or The Chill. Do note that the sea will come right up to the front of the terrace at high tide. Care should be taken swimming here as rocks and coral lie underfoot.
GajaPin Spa is located on site, with massage, steam room and treatments, open daily from 10.00am to 19.00.
Dining at Gajapuri
Gaja Chaan is the in-house restaurant offering a buffet breakfast, You can move on to either Thai or International cuisine for the remainder of the day. That menu, inicidentally has 7 set dinners to work your way through over the course of your stay! There’s a pool bar too.
The food and drink is generally well reviewed by guests, though the breakfast does not draw unanimous glowing praise. For a change, you can easily venture out onto Kai Bae’s walking street, where you’ll have lots of further dining choices. Mordi e Fuggi, Curry Curry, Khao Kwan and El Barrio are just some suggestions. Also along the main road, there are food carts, a food court, fruit markets, convenience stores.
Bar include Filou, Jellybean and The Wine Gallery.
Gajapuri Resort and Spa – Our Verdict
Gajapuri Resort has been designed like a village, with the walkways and gardens connecting it all together. It uses wood extensively in the rooms and in the exteriors – a unique environmentally friendly approach that mirrors Koh Chang’s interior rainforest.
You’ll find the resort has a an adult, peaceful air, a secluded haven away from the hustle and bustle of modern life. It’s more likely to appeal to couples than families with kids.
Of course, we put Gajapuri Resort and Spa up among Koh Chang’s top 4 Star Resorts.
Prices and Booking – Gajapuri Resort
From 4,000bt to 9,000bt in high season, great deals in low season
At a Glance – Gajapuri Resort and Spa
- Superior Rooms or Cottages, Deluxe (Lanai, Sea view, Jacuzzi, Jacuzzi Rooms – assigned on booking according to availability), Beachfront (Lanai or Gaja). Pool Villas or Pool Villa Suites.
- Airport transfer, car park, laundry service, poolside bar, restaurant, room service, safety deposit boxes, garden, outdoor pool, spa, steamroom, Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas.
- One extra child under 12 in existing bedding allowed in some rooms only; most rooms no extra bed allowed. Some rooms no child under 16. Check when booking as the policy is complicated. Supplements extra.
- Check-In from 14:00 till 21.00, Check-Out 06.30 to 12:00. Late check-out possible with fee. No check out on 24/12 & 31/12 each year.
Kai Bae Beach is one of Koh Chang’s most popular areas as it offers a bit of everything, attracting families, couples, independent travellers, flashpackers and backpackers. It has a relaxing mix of Thai and western restaurants, fun bars, though it’s not a party zone and plenty of shops.
There are some great stretches of beach too, especially at the southern end, offshore islands, an elephant camp and even a hidden waterfall.
For the full guide, please follow the link here, at Kai Bae Beach
Back to Features/Koh Chang Accommodation