From 1/7/22, entry requirements for entering Thailand are as good as back to pre-pandemic status.
Pre-Arrival Enrty Requirements
Vaccinated travellers must have the following documents for entering Thailand:-
- A valid passport (6 months before expiry) or a border pass for arrivals via border checkpoints.
- A Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination
- Everyone 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated (2 doses at least) for COVID-19 with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling to Thailand.
- Vaccines approved by the Thai FDA are Sinovac, AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Sputnik, Covaxin and Sinopharm.
- Travellers 5-17 years of age travelling to Thailand unaccompanied must get vaccinated with at least 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling to Thailand. Those travelling with parents are exempt from this requirement.
Unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated travellers must have the following documents for entering Thailand:-
- A valid passport, or a border pass for arrivals via border checkpoints.
On Arrival Entry Requirements
Upon arriving in Thailand, all travellers must undergo entry screening including body temperature check, and present the required documents to the Immigration/Health Control officer to carry out the checks.
The vaccinated travellers will then be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom. *For arrivals by land using a border pass, they will be allowed a stay of no longer than 3 days within the specified areas only.
Likewise, unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated travellers who have proof of a negative result from an RT-PCR test or professional ATK within 72 hours of travel will be allowed entry and are free to go anywhere in the kingdom.
The unvaccinated/not fully vaccinated travellers without a negative test result within 72 hours of travel are required to follow the public health instructions and guidelines as deemed appropriate by the Health Control officer at the point of arrival. All expenses incurred will be the responsibility of the travellers.
Whether vaccinated or unvaccincated, if intending to stay longer than 60 days, then you will need a visa, see here.